Here some of the tricks that enables you to open Banned Apps:
India banned 59 apps originating from China, including very popular ones like the TikTok, UC Browser, file sharing app ShareIt, CamScanner, ect.
1. To do so, tap on Settings -> Google -> Tap on your current email address. Here, choose “Add another account”. At the bottom-left corner, tap on “Create account” and follow the on-screen instructions. Finally, the account will be created and added to the Google Play Store.
2. After that, open a VPN of your choice and connect to a US server. If you are confused about which VPN to choose then I would recommend ProtonVPN (Free, offers in-app purchases). You can also head over to our article on the best free VPN services and find a suitable one based on your preferences.
3. Once connected, open the Google Play Store and tap on the menu on the top-left corner. Here, tap on the new top-right icon to switch to the new account on the Play Store.
4. After switching to the new account on the Play Store, open the menu again and go to “Account”. Here, you will find “Switch to the United States Play Store” and underneath an option to add credit or debit card. Tap on it.
5. After doing so, tap on “Continue” to add a credit or debit card. You can add a domestic card if you want or just cancel the prompt straight away. In any case, you will be moved to the US Play Store. However, keep in mind, it might take 48 hours to switch the region. To confirm if you have moved permanently, go to the “Account” section again and check if it shows “Switch to India/Your Region Play Store”. If so, you have switched successfully.
Note: Once you move to the US Play Store, you will be locked in for one year. And that’s precisely why I have recommended using a secondary account so that you don’t lose your active subscriptions, payment methods, family sharing benefits and more on your primary Google account.
6. Finally, your secondary account will move to the US Play Store and now you can search and install any Android app without any issue. Once you have switched the region, disconnect the VPN and now onwards, you don’t need to use a VPN to search and install apps.
7. Whenever an app throws up “not available in your country” error, just switch to the secondary account on Play Store from the hamburger menu and you will instantly have access to the app. Here, for example, Tiktok is not available in India, but after switching to my secondary account, the app becomes available. Sure, the whole setup process is a bit lengthy, but it’s a permanent solution and you will not have to download APKs from shady sources.